Saturday, September 21, 2013

Dreams. ☁

It's raining. I can hear it smacking the roof and the wind swiping it off. Rain, wind, wind, rain, rain, rain, thunder, and then a flash of light, and the pattern continues for an hour. I stare at the ceiling blueish grey shadows move and sway, like the trees and the street light are dancing. I try not to think about tomorrow.

Everyone is staring at me, whispering,  coking eyebrows, as if they know what happened. I look down checking that I'm wearing all necessary items of clothing, I am. I check my hair, I feel like I'm holding a cotton ball, I look down, it's a clump of my hair. I can feel tears building up. I am exposed. I start to shake, I look at my hand again, a shiver climbs from my leg to my neck. I'm wearing a hospital gown, just like I did when I broke my arm. When I could hear them talking about the abnormality of the incident. I feel asleep on my arm and woke up to a limp, rubbery piece of human. I know what happens next.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Martine,

    I really enjoyed reading your blog post. It was very well-written and I really felt that I was in the mind of your character. I look forward to reading your short story.

    Happy Blogging,
    Omar Azmeh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Martine! This sounds very interesting. The writing was absolutely amazing! I honestly can't wait to read your short story!
    Chanler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Martine!
    I REALLY loved that! The italicized writing at the end with the thoughts of the next day were amazing! I also really liked how you gave us a taste of how the atmosphere was with the rain!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete