Sunday, September 29, 2013

Trends in our Short Stories

One trend that seemed to go across the spectrum was that everyone's main character is our age, or a bit older. I too, am writing about someone by age. I think it makes sense that everyone is writing about people are age considering it's all we really know. I think it'll be interesting to see what everyone decides to do with their teenage main characters.

I'm having fun developing my character, setting, and other properties of my story. I feel like I'm making good progress towards a strong short story. I haven't really gotten to the chance to really talk to any of my classmates about their stories. From what I've heard the stories of my classmates vary, especially in mood. Some of them seem dramatic and others seems realistic and sad. I'm so excited to eventually get to read everyone's stories.


BossyPants - Tina Fey - 2 hours

1 comment:

  1. Hey Martine,
    It is interesting that you came up with the trend between all the short stories was the character's age; I hadn't thought about it in that perspective. I think some of our classmates stories may have similar subplots, but pulled together differently.
    Good Luck on the Short Story,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete