Sunday, September 15, 2013

Bossypants

Bossypants - Tiny Fey
Chapter 59
4 hours 15 minutes (of listening)


I started reading Tina Fey's Bossypants because over the summer I found a love for celebrity comedian literature. I'm a huge fan of Tina Fey's work which includes Mean Girls, I can assure you every American teenage girl has seen that movie, at least three times. I love being able to relate to someone's real life story. My favorite part of the book so far is when Tina explains the difficulty of being a brunette in the late 70s and early 80s. I also can identify with Tina's binge eating and other people's lack of appreciation for her sarcasm and weirdness. She also has witty commentary on her co-workers and writing a show.

  It's also interesting seeing what it's like for someone right out of college, which has given some persecutive. I've gotten a few looks when the book almost made me spit out my water at a luncheon. I wasn't supposed to be reading anyway, oops. All of these delicious ingredients wrapped in a whole lot of funny make for a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment