Monday, September 2, 2013

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

I loved this book. The voice was definitely unusual and intriguing. I enjoyed seeing the main character, Frankie, develop. I realized a lot of things from Frankie's story, one being not allowing other people to define what you do or what you are. It posed a many larger questions considering that especially in high school people tend to be labeled according to who they hang out with, and other people's opinions hold a higher grade than many other things. Teenagers also tend to do what their friends do without much thought. I began to realize what Frankie realized, I don't need other people to tell me what to do, wear, or act [unless you are my parents :)]. I also don't need to prove myself to anyone, why would I need to that anyway. Why does everyone try so hard to be inculded? Why do we need other's attention to feel worthy? Who or What decides the rules and expectations of society? What is needed to make a point?


All I can say is that Frankie made a point. The point came across to me was "What is important to make one feel satisfied?", I have no clue. I know it's not trying to fit in or to do what other people do. Satisfaction doesn't come from proving a point to others, but from proving something to yourself.


The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks; E. Lockhart pages; 1-342; 5 hours

Looking for Alaska; John Green; 3 hours; audio book

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martine,

    I really enjoyed reading your post this week. You ended it really well. I can tell you really understood this book and it meant something to you.

    Well done, Katherine Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Martine,
    I was interested in how passionate you are about this book.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete