Friday, August 16, 2013

Summer Reading Response Blog

Cameron and the Girls, written by Edward Averett, changed my perspective on living life to its' fullest, or YOLO. Cameron's character faces many problems that differ from mine but I can still relate to his daily battles. Cameron keeps to himself at school and is a compulsive liar, he doesn't trust anyone other than his sister Beth. Like many other teenagers, myself included, I think I know what's best for me. Cameron allows himself off his medication, for schizophreniform, to explore what he is really like. Soon we meet a new Cameron who is willing to take risks without thinking about them, and do things he would've never done before hand. He's on cloud nine, sometimes I push my limits when I'm aware of them. I'm 'pushing the envelope' as my mom would say. He allows himself to get lost in his imangination until it runs over into his real life.  Cameron realizes during his stay at the mental hospital life isn't all about him, that when you do risky, perilous, things you can affect the people you love. When I'm rude or mean to my family, when I have a bad day,  my mom gives a look of disapproval. I realize life isn't all about me. Cameron soon learns this lesson in a bigger way when he decides to stay on his medication, for his family's sake. You don't only just live for yourself you live for the people you love and the people who love you. I affect all the people around me and leave impressions on other's lives just as Cameron does.

No comments:

Post a Comment